You own everything you post and/or create. It will never be sold, shared, or even monitored. If we’re made aware of illegal content then we’ll have to deal with it as provided by law. But otherwise, we’re not interested. We’re not scanning your photos with facial recognition software, running your posts through Artificial Intelligence, or building a social network graph of everyone you contact. We’re not doing anything with your content other than hosting it.
We don't track you. And we don't give your data to others so that they might track you. It's that simple.
We of course need to collect some data from you in order for our app to function. So here's what we collect and what we do with it:
- Login credentials, which are also shared with our third party authentication provider for that purpose alone.
- System email notifications that you opt-in to (e.g., event reminders, notifications about new posts or chat messages, etc).
- Occasional GroupSpot marketing emails, from which you have the ability to unsubscribe
- When using our location widget we will request your coarse latitude and longitude so that the autocomplete results are tailored to your locale. If you opt-in to that request then we use your coordinates only until the widget returns the desired location. We do not store the information, nor do we access it outside of your use of the location widget.
- So that we have the ability to send notifications to your device (both push notifications and those red badges) we collect your device identifier upon app launch. This is also shared with a third party notification service (with your account info stripped) for the sole purpose of providing those notifications.